Our client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With 45,000 employees in more than 140 countries, they are seeking a junior/mid-level lawyer to join the Asia Pacific Corporate Risk & Broking legal team in its Singapore or Indonesia office.
The primary focus of the role is to work closely with the Assistant General Counsel and Lead Counsel, Asia in order to provide high quality commercial legal advice, counsel and support to the Corporate Risk and Broking line of business primarily in the South East Asia region - key jurisdictions are Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Brunei, Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, South Korea and Laos. The role may be required to provide support from time to time to legal colleagues in Australasia, India, China and Japan.
The role requires the application of analytical thinking, attention to detail, combined with a strong commitment to helping the business succeed in all of the jurisdictions in which it operates whilst maintaining and projecting solid ethical values. There will be a focus on the following areas of work: a range of commercial contract work (such as drafting, negotiation and contract management) including with an insurance broking focus, multi-jurisdictional regulatory advice, cross-border transactions, managing professional indemnity “errors & omissions” claims, other litigation and alternative dispute resolution, advising on new products and sales initiatives that have a corporate risk and broking focus, advising on general insurance broking issues, such as conflicts of interest and agency, advising on privacy and cyber-security. There will also be opportunities for involvement with employment matters and special projects including M&A transactions.
- Admitted to practice law in any common law jurisdiction.
- Knowledge of and experience in insurance-related areas of the law and regulations, preferably in the insurance broking arena.
- Strong academic credentials and work experience preferably gained from leading law firms and/or in-house environment in multi-national companies.
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in one or more of the Asian languages is preferred.
- Must be an enthusiastic, commercially oriented team player, with an ability to comprehend the company’s business operations and legal needs.
- Ability to provide pragmatic commercial advice to the business.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster teamwork, to maintain effective working relationships and to gain respect of senior management.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to analyse and summarize key legal and business issues and alternatives for executive decisions.
- Results-focused; able to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-starter and independent/strategic thinker.
- Above all, a team player who wants to work for the benefit of all.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- your academic transcripts; and
- a short cover note to email@example.com for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying for any of our roles or would like to have a general discussion on opportunities in the legal market please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635, Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369 or London office on +44 203 745 2513.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Commercial, Insurance, Employment, Litigation
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: commercial, Insurance, employment, litigation