New York Firm is looking for an experienced Content and Research Specialist to join their Hong Kong or Singapore office. The role would assist the firm's EMEA Content & Research team in all aspects of their roles.
- Answering research and information requests emanating from local lawyers and marketing teams e.g. for company filings, cases, books, journal articles.
- Utilizing appropriate in-house and external databases/ websites and direct legal staff to appropriate resources.
- Monitoring the global Research Requests email in-box during hours when the European and US offices are not staffed, and responding to research requests as necessary. (training will be provided)
- Preparing appropriate research summaries for current and future reference.
- Helping to maintain and update the Knowledge & Research intranet site, and other sites as necessary.
- Production and distribution of certain current awareness bulletins and automated alerts.
- Database and password administration - liaising with external suppliers as needed to ensure local users have access.
- Ensuring that all loose-leaf publications in the local office's library collections are kept up to date.
- Managing the distribution and circulation of journals in the local office.
- Book cataloguing, classification and hardcopy resource management. (training will be provided)
- Monitoring and tracking the lending and returning publications and implement a system to ensure publications are turned in a timely manner. Follow up with leavers as part of the departure procedure for the return of publications
- Delivering basic induction training on information resources for new joiners to the local office and liaising with relevant external providers to ensure that new joiners are issued with all necessary passwords on a timely basis.
- Assisting with annual budget preparation and monitoring of costs.
- Assisting in developing and maintaining in-house know-how databases.
- Experience of working in law firm or professional services firm library, research or knowledge management team.
- Experience of responding to research requests for cases, legislation, press searches and company information.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to effectively operate basic computer applications (eg Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Able to carry out searches on research tools such as Westlaw, Lexis and Mergermarket using Boolean searching.
- Able to use the searching and cataloguing functions of a library management system such as Sydney Enterprise.
- Motivated, positive, engaged, with "can-do" attitude.
- Excellent clerical skills and detail-conscious.
- Flexible in approach.
- Enjoys being part of a team, able to work in a highly collaborative manner, with the ability to build relationships quickly
- Personable, approachable demeanour, skilled at interacting with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to work independently.
- Qualification in library and information studies or information science.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- transcripts; and
- a short cover note to email@example.com for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635, Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369 or London office on +44 203 745 2513.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: PSL / Know How